Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Skills Lab Help

I was going to read for the skills lab tomorrow assessment. I opened my syllabus and found that I don't have the right text book or maybe I do. I don't know. I bought all of the required books at the bookstore. I bought the Dillon book Nursing Health Assessment. Then I look in the syllabus and it says to read the Gidden Wilson Health Assessment book. That is in the N2 required books not ours. So my question is to you people who already took N4 do we need to buy the other book or is the reading the same in our book?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Susan

3 comments:

maryjanesays said...

I used the Wilson Giddens book which I really liked, haven't seen the other book, but from what I remember for N4, it didn't really matter because the information will pretty much be the same, and in skills lab the instructors will demonstrate what they'd like you to focus on with the health assessment. If anyone needs a Wilson Giddens book I have an extra one still shrink-wrapped, when I tried to order the CD I accidentally bought a "bundle." I'm selling it for $40 just email me if you want it!

secasias said...

thanks so much for replying so fast!!

Nurse Nickey said...

Like Mary Jane said, the instructors teach you what you need to know on skills day. I bought both the assesment books for n2 and n4, and I never used either of them. Good luck!!!