Saturday, December 02, 2006

Date of the Tea?

I can't seem to find the date of the welcome tea. If possible, are you interested in having any students from the 3rd and 4th semesters or some that have actually survived the entire nursing program, present to answer questions at a side table?

Have you thought about setting up a bank of nursing laptops (borrowed from the computer lab) on a side table and giving online tours to the new students, showing them how to access their student email, blogs, Nursing 101, docushare, test bank and other resources? You can actually help one or more of them set up their new blog on the spot and start sending out invites on the same day. By doing this, previous administrators and mentoring bloggers could be added right away to help get their blog flowing and on track. They could always change their layout and add an intro later. You can use other semester students to give these info tours to free up your helpers also.

4 comments:

Barbara Buonauro said...

Excellent ideas. Will you be comming? If you can that would be wonderful, it would be great if you could come up and speak a bit since you will be a new ADN grad. And if you know of others who are willing to come tell them to contact me at bjbuonauro@verzion.net. The Tea in on January 8th from 9-11am.
Thank you

Danielle Mathias-Lamb said...

I would happy to help with the blog stuff for the new folk, I'll be there and can bring my laptop.

One thing I would really like to see this semester is less fear/anxiety provoking commentary. Heck, we are all anxious anyway... I'd just like to hear folks place a more positive spin on the experience.

Bonnie Boss said...

I can make it on the 8th. My roomies and I are heading for SF on that day for the 4 day Nursing Review course. We could leave after the tea.

Definitely keep it positive. The group that welcomed us in thought that they should try to scare us and we decided not to pass on that method of welcome.

Nurse Nickey said...

Wow, I so agree ladies! I definately want to pass on a calming effect. I am on board, for whatever. I will be there early Jan 9th. My schedule is wide and clear from Dec 27-Jan 15 (Yippeee a break).