Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tea for incoming students

Hey everyone, I just wanted to update you guys. The tea is scheduled for Jan.8th. It will be from 9am-11am. We will have a meeting on Thursday before lecture (Oct.26th). The meeting will be at 11am. We will meet at the Lock Lounge.We would like everyone to get involved in the decision making, planning, and the actual event. This way you can also see and decide how your money is spent. I have left a message for the delta culinary program to see if they are available to cater the breakfast and also to find out how much it would cost if we decide to go this route. Some people talked about going with a theme of Mardi Gras Breakfast Bash. I went onto oriental trading company and found decorations for this theme to see what costs we are looking at. To decorate danner and the tables the cost will be approx. $175.00. We still need to provide food, goody bags, folders for info, raffle prizes, and anything else that we decide we need. It is important for everyone to contribute financially as well, as the money collected will determine how nice of a tea the incoming students will recieve. We can't get things rolling until we know how much money we have to work with. I will be collecting every Thursday at lecture. I have collected from 18 peole so far. Barbara will have forms with our tax ID# available on Thursday for anyone who is collecting donations from businesses. Thanks for all the support that you guys have already given Barbara and I. I think we can put on a wonderful tea, just as the class before us had done for us. Thanks again, Denise and Barbara

7 comments:

Danielle Mathias-Lamb said...

hey there, did anyone check out having the Delta jazz ensemble play? They ROCKED!

Denise Williams said...

Thats a great idea.Keep the ideas coming.

Michelle M. said...

I HAVE SKILLS LAB THURSDAY BEFORE LECTURE BUT I DO WANT TO HELP OUT.

Denise Williams said...

Aren't you guys usually out at 11am. We will be down stairs and maybe you can catch part of it.

Michelle M. said...

WE USUALLY GET OUT AT 12 BUT I'LL TRY AND BE THERE.

Nurse Nickey said...

You know I am Down To Participate!!!

liana said...

dont forget I have raffle tickets for you to use so dont buy anymore.