Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Capping and Pinning Pictures!

Some of our classmates sugessted that there be an option for us to make an appt with Fritz Chin to go into the studio and take pictures in our whites. I spoke with Alexis (she is their rep for school photos). Alexis said you can book an appt and come into the studio to take your pictures, it will cost $79.99 for a sitting fee and you will get your pictures on a CD and you can order pictures from the CD, The prices we are getting for our school pictures do not apply in this situation. And yes, the pictures are the same quality if in the studio or at the school.

They are not charging us a sitting fee, and the package prices are unheard of! They took our case, they could have even felt sorry for our situation (of the other company not being able to take our pics). Anyway, long story short, they are taking our pictures with no sitting fee, packages range from $22-$66. They also offer an add on "Class Picture" for $25. The class picture will be all of our individual pictures in a traditional collage format.

I do understand the inconvience of the timing for the pictures (I am in the same boat as all of you). I wish it could be another way, but honestly, there will never be a perfect way in the eyes of 80 people.

PLEASE NOTE: As it stands rehersal is from 1-3pm May 28th. Pictures from 3-5pm May 28th. The photographers will set-up in one of the skills labs. Order forms will be available in advance so you can fill them out prior to your sitting time. Please Know, if you do not take pictures, you will not be in the class collage. It is impossible to do it any other way. I am sorry, I am too busy right now to explore other avenues, in relation to trying to make sure every last one of us takes a picture.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, I KNOW THAT EVERYONE IS NOT ON THE BLOG

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Nurse Nicky,
Thank you for all of your hard work and extra time spent on all of the extra things you are doing for our class!!
Do you know if they will take pictures of the ADN student with his/her family?? I am not interested in a picture of myself alone for capping and pinning as this was a group effort on my families part and they have had to sacrifice much while I have been in the nursing program. We look at this as "our" accomplishment and I would love to have all of us in this picture. Should I contact them or do you have this info. already?

Thanks,
Kelly

Cindy (Cynthia) Tinney said...

Thank you for all of your hard work ! Question, Marry said that we should be in regular cloths for the rehersal and it is 1-3, and pictures start at 3, will we have time to go home get dressed, do our hair and still get pictures taken? Thank you again :)

Danielle Mathias-Lamb said...

I'm planning on doing the old dance recital trick and renting a hotel room nearby to use for a "dressing room". If anyone else is interested, please let me know. I don't plan on staying the night, so if someone wants it for that, let me know. Literally, it would be a place to change into dress whites, hairspray the heck out the do's and maybe change into something more comfy afterwards if the SNA plan to host a dinner comes about. If a few folk want to kick in 5 bucks or so for the use of the room, they are welcome.

Nurse Nickey said...

Kelly- Fritz Chin will be present the entire night. Their pictures they take will be accessible with a pass code on their website. They will give us the passcode, the night of pinning. Just let them know that day that you want to take a family picture. In regards to you taking the picture "Alone" you are not really alone in your picture, your picture will be placed with the rest of our pictures, as a class. We represent a TOGETHERNESS of a class, that can be kept and looked over for many years to come. I hope you will be present for picture time ;)

Nurse Nickey said...

Fritz Chin will also take pictures of each of us as we are pinned, which is helpful, so your families don't have to play footbal to get in front to take your picture.

McBooty said...

Nurse Nickey, you are awesome!!! I can't believe you have organized all of this, I love that they are going take pictures of us getting pinned. :)

Gemekia said...

Nicole you are the bomb baby!! Thanks for all your hard work!! We've been flexible with our classess and all the other good stuff for the past two years, whats one more day!! I can get ready in like 30 minutes!! As soon as rehersal is done no wasting time!! Going and getting ready!! Heck maybe I'll do my make up during rehersal!! LOL :) Whatever it takes!! Thanks again Chica!!

Nurse Nickey said...

Thank you all! Sometimes my responses may come off as Bitchy. I don't mean to be, I am just so tired. The grad stuff is under control, its just "School stuff". Anyway, I appreciate you guys being flexible, I know the time situation sucks. It means alot that you all are willing to be flexible. Thanks so mush, see you guys at school!